Effective communication is simple, straightforward, and accurate.
It follows a linear path and is easy to digest.
Still, in its best forms, it can empower and inspire us to uncover new ways to respond to business demands and challenges. This is change!
a b c
For example, by understanding what type of communication drives our customers to choose us over the competition and then using that data to promote growth, we can harness communication to cultivate opportunity.
a b c
a b c
Here are some things to consider:
- Be self-aware and understand the need to adapt your message to your audience
- Communicate what you are doing, why you are doing it and how you are going to get there
- Build a system or process, then be accountable and track your progress
- Focus on transparency, empathy and consistency to elevate trust
- Create opportunities for learning and development
- Practice active listening to understand and feel the situation
- Share your milestones, challenges, concerns and victories
How do you develop an effective communication strategy? What are some important values that support your communicative work?